Welcome to Moorak Primary & Pre-School
At Moorak Primay School & Pre-School we are committed to providing:
- a balanced and relevant curriculum, promoting life long learning
- a safe and caring learning environment
- learning opportunities that cater for individual needs
- opportunities for community involvement
We value and will:
- show care and consideration (respect)
- recognise each child's worth (individuality)
- learn from everything we do (growth)
- achieve common goals by working together (community)
Located in a rural setting, a short distance from Mount Gambier, the preschool combines with the primary school to offer a comprehensive curriculum. The strengths of Moorak are connected to its size, well maintained facilities, commitment to quality learning, affiliation with community and promotion of values.
Moorak is committed to developing the 'whole child', encouraging success for all, socially and academically, in preparation for an ever changing world. Staff actively engages in ongoing learning, utilising effective pedagogies and current technologies to achieve this.
Special events occur regularly throughout the year, with high levels of involvement and participation from the school community. Celebrations include an annual performing arts production involving all students, school and district sports days, whole school celebrations of curriculum areas and learning journeys.
Moorak Primary School Value Wheel
Designed by the Moorak Primary School students to illustrate the school values that they work by.